Alexander Week 33-35
August 21 - September 10, 2004
I had a wonderful vacation with all
of the New York relatives. My mom and I were there from August
28-September 7th. My mom had a wedding to go to on the 5th and 6th, so we
decided to make a whole vacation out of it. My dad had to stay back
because he started his new job on the 1st. Even though he will not say it
outloud around me, I think he partially enjoyed not having me around so he could
get things done around here.
While we were in New York we got to visit with two of my grandmas and grandpas. In fact I got to spend a whole weekend without my parents with Nana and Grandpa McQueen. I also got to visit again with my friend Adam Baker.
When we got home, my dad had a wonderful surprise for us. He had been very busy around the house fixing things. We had new landscaping in the back lawn, moulding around the fireplace and in the piano room, a new DVD rack and wine closet, and a newly decorated office. He had a lot of time to work, but he really missed us too. I feel bad because at first I did not recognize him. I even cried a little. After a couple of minutes we were laughing and playing just like normal.
|1. 2. 3.||1. Sometimes I need a helpful hand like
Grandpa Sick's arm.
2. Maybe if I smile really big she will pick me up.
3. When are we going to get something to eat?
|4. 5. 6.||4. This cupboard is about twice the size
as my tupperware cupboard at home.
5. Let's see - 1 cup of snails. Where are the dogs? I need a couple of puppy dog tails.
6. The best stuff is always in other people's garbage.
|7. 8. 9.||7-8. What a great visit
with Shelby. (It's not weird that we kissed, is it?)
9. I am not crying because I want my mommy or because I am hungry or tired. Aunt Melissa kind of smells funny.
|10. 11. 12.||10-11. Everytime we play "Ridey
Ride" I always fall in. I think it is a scam for everybody to give me
12. This is what I am talking about.
|13. 14. 15.||13. We just got the piano
tuned. I had to try it out.
14. I could wear my Moody Blues t-shirt all day long.
15. One pacifier in the month and one in each hand. That should last me.
|16. 17. 18.||16-17. Bath time is great
no matter where I am.
18. All dressed up with nowhere to go.
|19. 20. 21.||19. All tired out in
Grandpa McQueen's arms.
20. Relaxing with Nana.
21-22. It has been a long time since I have been able to swim. It is snowing in Minnesota already (just kidding).