Alexander Week 27
July 10-16 , 2004
I arrived in Florida late night on the 9th, so my
first real day in Florida was the 10th. The first thing I noticed was how
hot it was here. Although, the heat did allow me to show off my chest and
biceps by going shirt-less a lot of the time.
The best part of the whole week was meeting Grandpa Branzburg. I had to wait 6 months to finally meet him. He was the last grandparent I had to meet on the East Coast. Of course, he was thrilled to meet me. Everybody is.
I also had a great time seeing all of the Florida Russian group. After hearing everybody speak Russian all the time, I realize that I have some serious studying to do. They expect me to speak fluent English and Russian. They do not even have the same alphabet! I am in big trouble.
We had a week of lots of people, lots of food, lots of beer (just kidding) and not much sleep (it kind of sounds like I went away to college). My parents were able to get away to see two movies this week while I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. We did some swimming in the pool. This time the water felt warmer than my bath water.
I also celebrated by six month birthday this week. I celebrated by eating a whole jar of Apples and Blueberries.
|1. 2. 3.||1-3. I am a pro at this swimming stuff. I only cough and choke when water gets on my face to make them think I don't know what I am doing.|
|4. 5. 6.||4-5. Grandma Branzburg and
I had some serious talking to do about how they were raising me.
6. Dad is always there to carry me where I need to go.
|7. 8. 9.||7. First they give me dill
(haha very funny, let's make the baby wince),
8. then they make me drink Russian beer. How many times to I have to tell them I only drink Canadian beer?
9. They are smiling because I finally let them play on my mat with my toys.
|10. 11. 12.||10. I love my new walker
from Grandma and Grandpa Branzburg. They would only allow me to have
it if I swore to only use it in the basement.
11. How embarrassing. I thought the deal was that we were both going to shave our chests before the trip. I knew Dad would chicken out.
12. Minette was so excited to meet me. Grandma Branzburg can't stop talking about me to her. Can you blame her?
|13, 14. 15.||13. I am always up for a
good game of peek-a-boo.
14. I get to sit at the big boy table.
15. "Grandma" Lyuda brought me all kinds of new toys. I did not want to put these keys down for 3 days.
|16. 17. 18.||16-18. Today was
"bring-the-cutest-baby-you-know-to-work" day, so I was kind of obligated to
|19. 20. 21.||19-21. We had some serious talking to do. Maybe Grandpa Branzburg will listen when I complain about that terrible cardboard-tasting oatmeal.|
|22. 23. 24.||22-23. I got to show-up
mommy in front of her teacher Mrs. Sorin. Mom did not play piano until
she was four. I am barely six months old.
24. The end.