Alexander and Jordan
January 12-22, 2006
Alexander: I am another year older and
certainly a lot smarter. I look at Jordan and am convinced that I was
never as naive as he is. First of all, he has no idea that the more you
smile the more they make you smile. They all want you to do it every time
you look at them. Second, despite what he may think, the world does not
revolve around him. I made that mistake but then realized that my parents
have all the power (as much as that hurts to say it, it is true) especially when
it comes to having to go to bed. Finally, fruits and vegetables taste like
dirt when compared to chocolate and suckers. If you don't stop crying,
then you are much more likely to get one or the other.
We had a great series of birthday parties (and presents) for me. I had a birthday with my parents and at day care. I went to my friend Audrey's house for her 1 year birthday party, and I walked out with a belated birthday present. A bunch of my friends came over for a birthday party the weekend after my birthday. And, now that Nana is here I have still more presents. I can get used to this. Plus, don't I get presents for my "un-birthdays"?
Jordan: I can't wait until I am bigger than
Alexander, so he will stop beating up on me and taking my toys. For now I
am limited to crying when he does it but not much else. Despite this I am
still able to keep up almost a constant smile as you can see in my pictures.
Not much else has changed. I can sit and roll but haven't quite got the crawling down yet. I can stand holding onto something for a little while but I need somebody to catch me if I fall.
|1. 2. 3.||1. My excellent Barney birthday
2. It was imperative for the horse and the archer to watch me eat...
3. but I got tired of them staring at my food. I let them dig in for themselves. The Archer really got into his work.
|4. 5. 6.||4. My dad figured the closer we
were to the ground when eating birthday cake the less likely it would be
that we would make a mess - wrong.
5. Do not even think of touching my presents.
6. Just like always here I am on the outside looking in as my brother opens even more presents.
|7. 8. 9.||7. My toy!
8. Running around in day care.
9. Keep bringing the cake. I am still hungry.
|10. 11.||10. If you look closely you can
see my blue tongue.
11. Recipe for disaster: 1 crib, 2 cute kids, a bucket of toys, wait until you hear screaming. Remove one kid.
|12. 13. 14.||12. Who knew taking a bath
together would be so much fun?
13. Cute boys in the doggy and horsey towels.
14. Don't tell Alexander I was using his precious horsey towel.
|15. 16. 17.||15-16. It was a ton of fun
playing with the MacDonald family.
17. Saw cheese.
|18. 19. 21.||18. Mommy, can we get one of
these, they are a ton of fun?
19. Here are some of the friends that I had over for my birthday party.
20. Here are the friends I saw when I went to Audrey's birthday party.